Constitution of Juvenile Justice Unit (JJU) is based on the principle of promoting, protect and safeguarding the rights of children. The objectives of the JJU are:-
- 1. To ensure that all the needs of children are met & their basic Human Rights are protected.
- 2. Emphasizes social re-integration of child victim to the extent possible without resorting to judicial proceeding.
- 3. To provide for proper care, protection and treatment, development & re-habilitation of neglected child or delinquent juveniles.
- 4.Child friendly approach while working with children (in the best interest of the children).
- 5. Ultimate rehabilitation of children/ juveniles through established institutions.